The program is aimed at expanding choices and opportunities for access to cross-sectoral cultural content; building partnerships in the field of cultural and creative industries ; development of domestic and foreign cultural tourism; strengthening the positive image of Ukraine in the international cultural arena . The program aims to support cultural diversity and increase the role of culture in the life of Ukrainian society .
Objectives of Prominent Events programme:
- increasing the number of professional audiences in the cultural and creative industries, which implements large-scale landmark events;
- stimulation of domestic and foreign tourism;
- active cooperation with international institutions, experts, artists, cultural operators;
- formation of a positive image of Ukraine in the international environment due to the implementation of high-quality innovative landmark events and participation in landmark events abroad;
- strengthening the cultural identity of the Ukrainian people.
Programme budget for 2021 is UAH 130 mln.
The programme supports the following two cultural and creative industry sectors:
- visual arts
- audio arts
- audiovisual arts
- fashion and design
- performing arts
- cultural heritage
- literature and publishing
- cultural and creative industries
Terms of project submission and realization
Project application deadline: 03.11.2020 – 14.01.2021 ( 18.00 Kyiv time, GMT+2)
Project selection procedure: 15.01.2020 – 30.04.2021
Project realization including final reporting: starting from the date of Grant agreement signing (but not earlier than 30.04.2021) and until 30.10.2021
Please note that the programme budget can be increased or decreased upon approval of the Law “On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2021” by the Verkhovna Rada.