The “Сultural Capitals of Ukraine” programme aims to stimulate a sense of belonging of members of territorial communities to their common cultural space, development of cultural tourism and support for local cultural initiatives. The competition programme also opens an opportunity for Ukrainian territorial communities to establish a partnership with European capitals of culture and to claim the status of the European Capital of Culture in the future.
Foundation expanded the programme and add the honorary status of the “Book Capital” aimed at promotion of reading and development of the literature and publishing sector.
Therefore, within the framework of the “Сultural Capitals of Ukraine” programme, in a competition for honorary annual statuses will be held in 2020~2021 :
- Grand Capital of Culture 2022
- Small Capital of Culture 2022
- Book Capital 2022
The programme is implemented in partnership with the Ukrainian Book Institute and NGO All-Ukrainian Public Association Institute Respublica and with the informational support of the All-Ukrainian Association of Local local governments “Association of United Territorial Communities” and All-Ukrainian NGO Association of Small Towns of Ukraine.
The objectives of the “Сultural Capitals of Ukraine” programme are:
- engaging members of the territorial community in the creation / distribution / promotion / use of cultural products;
- expanding the audience of consumers and increasing the competitiveness of local cultural and artistic initiatives at the national and international levels;
- establishing links between local authorities and other stakeholders in the issues of development of culture (international organisations, civil society, business, cultural operators, etc.) for their further institutionalization in the form of sustainable partnerships;
- creation of a comprehensive image of the territorial community (through the development of branding, identification of major cultural objects and events, etc.) as one of the Сultural Capitals of Ukraine.
Programme budget – UAH 40 mln
Terms of project submission and realization
Project application deadline: 06.10.2020 – 30.03.2021 ( 18.00 Kyiv time, GMT+2)
Project selection procedure: 01.04.2020 – 15.12.2021
Project realization including final reporting: starting from the date of Grant agreement signing (but not earlier than 17.01.2022) and until 30.11.2022
Please note that the LOT budget may change both in the direction of increase and in the direction of decrease, after the Verkhovna Rada approves the Law "On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2021".