Culture. Regions Program corresponds to the following priority areas of the Foundation’s activities:
1. Promoting the creation of a competitive regional cultural product, the development of local cultures and identities, and the transformation of cultural institution networks in the context of decentralization.
2. Promoting the preservation, protection and popularization of cultural heritage, cultural values and national memory of the Ukrainian people to strengthen the modern Ukrainian identity, form common values of civil society.
3. Supporting the development and functioning of the Ukrainian language in all spheres of public life both on the territory of Ukraine and abroad.
4. Supporting cultural diversity (in particular, projects of ethnic communities, national minorities and indigenous peoples) and projects aimed at strengthening cultural tolerance and respect, which will contribute to the citizens’ sense of belonging to Ukraine.
5. Promoting respect for cultural rights, barrier-free access to consumption and the creation of cultural products, ensuring equal opportunities for personal development and self-realization for all citizens and communities.
6. Supporting international cooperation projects and promotion of Ukrainian cultural products abroad, strengthening ties with the international cultural environment to create a positive image of Ukraine.
The goals of the Culture. Regions Program shall be:
• strengthening the cultural and tourist and educational attractiveness of regions by stimulating local cultural development of communities and generating new competitive cultural products;
• supporting quality innovative cultural products and attracting new audiences to consume the cultural product;
• stimulating the development of cross-sectoral partnerships and supporting competitive projects potentially attractive for non-governmental investments and capable of sustainable development;
• strengthening the cultural identity of Ukrainian citizens;
• establishing links between local authorities and international organizations, civil society, business, cultural operators, etc. in issues of cultural development for their further institutionalization in the form of sustainable partnerships.
As a part of the Culture. Regions Competition Program for 2022, we offer the following LOTs:
LOT 1. Local culture
LOT 2. Local festival
LOT 3. Culture of Crimea
ЛОТ 4. Регіональна ініціатива Одеса (термін подачі заявки на ЛОТ: січень 2022).
ЛОТ 5. Регіональна ініціатива Дніпро (термін подачі заявки на ЛОТ: січень 2022).
ЛОТ 6. Регіональна ініціатива Чернівці (термін подачі заявки на ЛОТ: січень 2022).
Deadlines for submitting an application and implementing a project
Submission of a project application for the competition: 01.12.2021 – 01.02.2022 (until 6.00 p.m. Kyiv time)
Competitive selection: 05.02.2022 – 31.05.2022
Project implementation including reporting: from the date of signing by the Foundation the Grant Agreement, but not earlier than April 30, until 31.10.2022