The Grand Capital of Culture is one of the three honorary annual statuses of the capital of culture of Ukraine, which can be awarded to a territorial community with a population of more than 100 thousand people and with the capacity to implement an annual programme of cultural and artistic projects (set of initiatives) aimed at achieving the goals of the “Сultural Capitals of Ukraine” programme.
LOT support priorities:
- support for a set of initiatives that demonstrates a balanced annual programme of cultural and artistic projects from different sectors of culture and creative industries, and includes local, national and international initiatives;
- support for a set of initiatives that stimulates a sense of belonging of members of the same community to their common cultural space;
- support for a set of initiatives that promotes the development of cultural and educational tourism;
- support for a set of initiatives that includes cultural and artistic projects with the participation of international partners;
- support for a set of initiatives, in which the initiatives are thematically integrated, harmoniously coexist, complement and reinforce each other, and potentially demonstrate sustainability in the future.
Total budget for the LOT is UAH 20 mln
Minimum grant amount (that cannot be decreased): UAH 10 mln
Maximum grant amount (that cannot be increased): UAH 20 mln
* UCF reserves the right not to spend all the funds allocated for this LOT
** Please note that the LOT budget may change both in the direction of increase and in the direction of decrease, after the Verkhovna Rada approves the Law "On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2021".
Applicants for the LOT may only be local governments.
Project application deadline: 06.10.2020 – 30.03.2021 ( 18.00 Kyiv time, GMT+2)
Project selection procedure: 01.04.2020 – 15.12.2021
Project realization including final reporting: starting from the date of Grant agreement signing (but not earlier than 17.01.2022) and until 30.11.2022