Culture Without Barriers
The Culture Without Barriers Program corresponds to the priority area of the Foundation’s activities — promoting respect for cultural rights, barrier-free access to consumption and creating a cultural product, ensuring equal opportunities for personal development and self-realization for all citizens and communities, namely:
• creating favourable conditions for facilitation of creative activities, partnership development and formation of common values of the civil society in Ukraine;
• ensuring respect for cultural rights of: equal access to cultural resources, equal opportunities for personal development and self-realization for all citizens and communities, regardless of cultural, linguistic, ethnic, regional, social, gender and other characteristics or differences;
• supporting creation of competitive innovative cultural product and professional development of artists, as well as development of children’s and youth creativity;
• supporting projects aimed at local development within decentralization process;
• promoting development of educational initiatives, implementation of innovations, information and digital technologies in the sphere of culture.
The Culture Without Barriers Program is aimed at overcoming the challenges associated with the existence of problems for various low-mobility groups regarding the possibility of full-fledged, barrier-free access to culture, education, and employment. The formation of an unhindered living environment in public space and access to cultural sites remain relevant. The Program is aimed at creating an unhindered living environment in the social, cultural and educational spheres for people with limited mobility, people of the third age of 50+, families with children of up to 6 years old, people with disabilities, etc.
The goals of the Culture Without Barriers Program shall be:
• to develop the creative potential of artists with disabilities and promote the professional development of artists with disabilities;
• to expand the access of people with disabilities to creating a cultural product and cultural and artistic life in Ukraine;
• to integrate inclusive artistic practices into the cultural environment of Ukraine;
• to support creation of inclusive cultural product;
• to support inclusive art education in Ukraine;
• to promote a barrier-free society in the Ukrainian community;
• to support creation of unhindered living environment in the social, cultural and educational spheres for people with limited mobility, people of the third age of 50+, families with children of up 6 years old, people with disabilities
• to promote respect for the rights of people with disabilities in society by supporting cultural products that bring the topic of inclusion to life.
Within the framework of the Culture Without Barriers Competition Program, the following sectors of culture and arts shall be supported:
• audiovisual arts;
• visual arts;
• audial arts;
• performing arts;
• cultural heritage;
• cultural and creative industries (cross-sectoral projects).
As a part of the Culture Without Barriers Competition Program for 2022, we offer the following LOTs:
• LOT 1. Supporting artists with disabilities
• LOT 2. Barrier-free Art
• LOT 3. Barrier-free society
Submission of a project application for the competition: 05.11.2021 – 17.01.2022 (until 6.00 p.m. Kyiv time)
Competitive selection: 18.01.2022 – 29.04.2022
• Project implementation including reporting: from the date of signing by the Foundation the Grant Agreement, but not earlier than April 30, until 31.10.2022